Hair transplant aftercare is the most important factor that affects the success of the hair transplant. Aftercare procedures are not only essential in hair transplant procedures but also essential for all cosmetic procedures. Especially when you think in a way that you spend a lot of money for these kinds of procedures, the level of importance will be increased. Well, what should you do as an aftercare procedure?
When you think about hair transplant procedures like FUE, FUT, and DHI, you’ll see all the procedures has the same logic and are performed in similar ways. A surgeon extracts hair follicles from the back of your head and plants them in the recipient area where you want to see hair again. But they distinguish from each other in terms of using tools and extracting/planting techniques. But the aftercare procedures are usually the same in every hair transplant procedure.
Aftercare Procedure: What Should You Care About?
Below you can find some important issues about hair transplant aftercare. To get more information about aftercare procedures, you need to contact your doctor. If you consider getting a hair transplant procedure, you can reach us by filling out the form.
- One of the most critical aspects of hair transplant surgery aftercare is to keep the transplanted region moist. But you must ensure that the hair transplant region doesn’t become excessively wet or dry.
- After hair transplant surgery, keeping swelling to a minimum is a beneficial thing to do. You should sleep at a 45-degree angle for this, especially the first three nights.
- Limiting your physical activity is an important element of the recovery process. An exertion should be avoided since intense exercise can cause you to sweat, and sweating on your scalp can cause the transplanted hair to shed.
- Another thing you may do after hair transplant surgery to improve the success rate is applying ice therapy. Within the first 12 hours, you may use ice. It makes you feel wonderful and aids in the reduction of edema.
- You should wait until your doctor gives you permission to shampoo your hair following surgery. When the moment has come to wash your hair, do it carefully.